Translate

5 Feb 2018

A great weekend


Just back from a really great weekend at Mount Panorama, Bathurst for the 12hour GT race yesterday. I had a really good time. The weather was kind this time unlike last year when we fried. It was cold first thing Sunday morning-see photo bottom-but warmed upto a very warm but not too hot day. The race was good although too many safety car deployments in the first half were frustrating.  We were eagery anticipating a dash to the wire at the end when 3 cars had a massive accident up the mountain and the race was stopped with 15 mins to run. It could easily have been a Porsche victory but when the race was declared the winner was an Audi R8 followed by a Mercedes AMG GT3 and two Porsche 911s. A good day for the Germans.
It was great to catch up with so many old friends and to make some new ones. Thanks to Justin Reed and Warren Starr-pictured below-for being such good company. As I was lying in the Royal North Shore Hospital last August barely able to walk after my major operation I would never have thought that 5 months later I would be walking all over Mount Panorama watching the 12 hours for all 12 hours and loving it. Thanks to every one who helped me recover so well.


I tried out a Lumix FZ1000 a-a camera apparently well suited to action photography. I did not take a Leica but I wished that I had. I came back with some good photos from the Lumix but as last year's photos show- see header photo for example- I would have done better with a Leica.

1 comment:

  1. What a race.... many thanks John.

    A great weekend of sportscar / GT racing.

    If only I could make it to LeMans with you!

    ReplyDelete