Translate

28 Aug 2017

Street market-literally

As I am stuck recuperating and I cannot drive nor walk any distance I cannot get out and take photos so I am sifting through my back catalogue looking for interesting photos with a story.
I took this one with the Leica X1 in Guilin,China, very early in the morning.These girls come in from the surrounding countryside and sell vegetales literally on the street.This was taken as they were setting up. They must get hours earlier in the dark to get onto their pitch.Most come by bike or pushing a cart. It's a very tough life.
The big advantage of the little X1 in these situations is that the camera is barely visible so you can shoot without making yourself the centre of attention.

In the background you can see the very distinctive karst scenery of the region.




No comments:

Post a Comment